Thursday 2 February 2012

What's new?

This little blog of mine suffered from a major post shortage last year. Saying that I lost my blogging mojo would be a be a bit of an understatement! My time was taken up with working full time, and so there were few hours for making stuff, and even less time for blogging. Even though I haven't been keeping my blog up to date, I've been still been stopping by my old favourite blogs, only I have been rather quiet about it.

Anyway, life for me has changed a little. I'm no longer a teaching assistant, I've switched roles and now I'm a full-time student - In October I started a degree in Fashion & Textiles. We have to keep a journal to reflect on how each of our assignments are progressing, and our lecturer suggested that we could write a blog instead of writing in a book, so I have started a new one - Sew She Says, if your interested. It will be quite different from this one, so I won't be saying goodbye to The White Verandah just yet.

I still have my allotment, I'm even on the committee as blog administrator, and I'm getting ready for the spring. Last year was all about infrastructure. I managed to rope a few members of the family into helping me put up a little shed, then builded a lean-to extension with a clear roof for extra water collection and raising seedlings. I now have three water butts, and I'm on the look out for more! I've inherited some raspberry canes, rhubarb, a gooseberry bush and got given some strawberry plants from an allotment neighbour. I managed to get some black and red currant bushes in and I planted some asparagus in the autumn so my perennials are more or less sorted.

So let's hope I can manage three blogs this year, I must be mad!



This is the view from my plot on a rather misty winters day.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I am sooo jealous - I really miss my allotment. I'm taking on the gardening at school so I can get my fix of veggie growing. I especially miss the rhubarb - one of my favourite things! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate every one (even if I don't manage to reply to them all - I tend to get sidetracked quite easily) and it always brings a little smile to my face when I discover one in my inbox.