Thursday 19 November 2009

one hundred



Please excuse my unexpected departure from my little blog, I have been lying low, although I have still been popping into have a peek at what you are all doing from time to time.

There has been a few changes in the TWV household, I managed to land myself a new job as a learning support assistant in my local secondary school, I started in September and my first week coincided with the last week before this little lot (above) started to go off to their new homes, which I have to say was a bit hectic!
I absolutely love my new job, and although I have to be in work too early to drop Ella off to school in the morning, I finish at 2.40pm which gives me plenty of time to pick her up in the afternoon and get the dinner on, and I don't have to worry about childcare in the school hols either, which is lovely. I do have less time for crafting, but surprisingly the house isn't suffering too much (to my shoddy standards anyway!) as I am a serial procrastinator, and actually seem to benefit for having a little more structure to my days.

After the puppies went, we all had a little treat, Dan had a week away at his friends apartment in the Canaries, and I got myself a new favourite toy, my White iPhone 3GS, it just made sense to me, as I my old phone contracted had expired and my trusty 4 yr old iPod had just died on me, and I couldn't live without an iPod!



I also put a deposit down on a new car. My very uneconomical 13 yr old Peugeot 306 is on it's way out and needs over a grand spent on it, and so with the £2000 Scrappage Scheme we started to think about getting a shiny but tiny, cheap to keep new car. At first my husband suggested we go for one of these, the sensible choice maybe, but if I had to put up with almost zero amount of boot space for hauling that must have piece of junk furniture home it had to be a little more aesthetically pleasing.

So my research began, and it wasn't long before I was lusting after a Fiat 500 and I went online and spent a weekend designed my ideal one. But I had my doubts about it's size, and when Fiat had a bigger offer of £2900 off it's slightly bigger cousin, the Grande Punto, I decided that that would be my best option.
Only when I got to the showroom I couldn't help but be disappointed with it, it was a bit plasticy on the inside, and I could only afford the bog standard with no air-con. My attention was soon turned towards the little cute one, with all the bells and whistles, and decided that yes, I could definitely put up with leaving that bargain chair at car boot, I haven't got room for more furniture anyway!








That was 8 weeks ago, and I have been told it is expected to arrive for collection the first week in December, I have been very patient, but I can't wait! (I was told it would take 8-12 week for delivery due to their high demand)

Meanwhile, my portable hard drive broke while transferring my photo library and I managed to loose all my photos on my computer, gutted. Then my 4 yr old iBook got broken, double gutted. Lucky I was covered for accidental damage under our home insurance, and they decided to pay out which means I am now the proud owner of a brand new Macbook.



But it hasn't been all nice new things, we are facing a bit on an uncertain time with Danny's job, he has a new one on the horizon, but he has been put on a three day week since the beginning of October. Fingers crossed, the new job will start in the next couple of weeks and we can hopefully breath a sigh of relief and get back on track for the Christmas hols.


Oh, I almost forgot, this my 100th post, hence the title, it's taken a while, I'm not exactly the most prolific blogger, but in true blogging tradition, I'm having a giveaway to celebrate.
I haven't decided what the prize will be yet, but I'll work on it this weekend. To enter please leave a comment on this post, and make sure you leave a way for me to contact you if you should win.
Jxx

11 comments:

  1. hi jessica...good to see you back! you've certainly had some nice additions to keep you busy lately. loving your choice of car. they really are so cute those fiats...i've had my eye on one but with a baby on the way it just wouldn't be practical for me. enjoy your first drive when you get your hands on the steering wheel next month...i'm sure it'll be worth the wait! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a mix of good and bad things going on but you seem to be looking on the bright side!
    I am jealous about the new car - I want one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohooo yes the car is definately a cute one :) Good choice, wow seems you have been a busy bee, glad you are enjoying your new job, I could certainly do with a little structure to my day ;)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to be reading your posts again! Congrats on your job!
    Cant wait to read more x
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to hear from you again. Life has been busy for you, I hope the job situation works out ok for your husband. Love the new car choice.
    Congrats on your 100th post too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to read your blog! I absolutely love that car. A couple drive around my town and I salivate when i see them...Sadly too small for my needs but they are so gorgeous, especially in the blue colour! Hope all turns out well on the job front! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Jess, thanks for your message, it means a lot x
    Its nice to hear from you again in blogland..I must have seen that lovely caravan doorstop 500 times now ...you have been missed!!
    life has certainly been busy with the new job, puppies (so cute!) and purchases..LOVE that Fiat..you chose well! Hope Danny's job works out to be ok, its horrid when you're just waiting to hear isn't it?
    have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that car?! I'm green with envy!
    Good to see you back, hope all goes well on the job front for Danny, work can be so unpredicable at the moment.
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jess,
    good to hear from you again sweeite.
    Awww those pups are so cute. Bet it was hard letting them go.
    Fingers crossed on the job front and well done you on your lovely new one.
    Congrates on the 100th post.
    Please pop me in the giveaway hat honey.
    Love,
    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jessica

    Have just discovered your lovely blog! My 9 year old loves the Fiat 500 and would love to have one! We've bought her the toy version! I can see myself wanting to get one some day. They are lovely! Great choice.

    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have a lot going on in your life.
    Please enter me in your drawing.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate every one (even if I don't manage to reply to them all - I tend to get sidetracked quite easily) and it always brings a little smile to my face when I discover one in my inbox.