Wednesday 29 August 2007

Birthday Picnic Joy


On Sunday Ella, Libby (sister), Charlotte (cousin), and I, took Anna (cousin and sister of Charlotte) on a girly birthday picnic, Luckily the weather was fantasic (which I was a bit worried about after how the beginning of the week was), and we had a brilliant day. Our picnic location was by the lake at Ashlyns Organic Farm in North Weald, which is where Anna and Charlotte grew up, and where Libby, William and I used to spend what seemed liked endless summers with them and my Dad used to call us the 'Famous Five'.


So we had a bit of a trip down memory lane and after the picnic, we drove to Anna and Charlotte's old house, and sat outside it in the car, with the neighbours giving us strange looks, then we went and got an ice cream from the shop and walked to 'the rocks' (a clump of concrete slabs dumped in the middle of a field on a hill) which as you probably know for yourselves if you have been back to a place from your childhood - looked a lot smaller!


Anyway, here are some pictures of our nostalgic afternoon.


Libby teaching Ella a move from 'Karate Kid', we also acted out a scene from 'Dirty Dancing' you probably all know which one I mean!


Anna and Ella on 'the rocks'


Libby, Charlotte and Ella under the parasol


and some lovely brown cows we met on our way to the lake.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks like great fun! Glad you had such a grand time! Happy Day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't days like this the best. Gald the sun shone for you. My two sisters and our two cousins had special place called the rocks too (sometimes we called it rocky jungle) an old quarry that scared the pants off me because it was huge. Went back there not so long ago - its weeny, can't believe what whimp I was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Oh that looks like a fantastic day out, you lucky things.
    xFaye

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate every one (even if I don't manage to reply to them all - I tend to get sidetracked quite easily) and it always brings a little smile to my face when I discover one in my inbox.